Site Services Apprentice – Cardinal Wiseman School
Grade: The Romero Apprentice Pay Scale
Hours: full time
Contract Type: Fixed term contract to cover duration of the apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to assist our Site Service Team with the day to day routine maintenance, cleaning duties and smooth running of the Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School site. There may be opportunities to support and shadow other Site teams across the Multi-Academy trust under the instruction of the Site Services Manager.
We can offer:
- A happy school with a committed team and a strong Catholic ethos;
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere;
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated and excellently behaved children;
- Supportive parents and Local Academy Committee Members;
- Excellent professional development opportunities within our Academy of schools
The successful candidate will:
- To be responsible for the security of the buildings and grounds including routine and non-routine opening of the premises and setting of alarms.
- Ensure that the whole site is kept free of all litter and rubbish including fallen leaves. The general litter/glass etc., clearance from all shrub borders, hedgerows, grass areas, gullies, adjacent walls, paths, drives and play areas;
- Work with the Site Services Manager/Officers in managing all repairs and maintenance needed outside of this job description, progress chasing and reporting on delays to the Site Services Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Site Services Manager support the operation of the heating plant, maintain required temperatures and the availability of an adequate supply of hot water.
- With training and development you will be responsible for minor repair and maintenance work, including: Carpentry, Electrical and Plumbing.
- To undertake limited grounds maintenance duties including setting up portable sports facilities for play, taking equipment from and returning it to school stores on a day to day basis.
- To ensure an adequate stock of essential items and safe maintenance and control of equipment for the role.
- Monitor fire safety and carry out fire alarm testing.
- Undertake cleaning of areas as required, without encroaching on allocated time required for your monitoring and handy person duties.
- Carry out procedures in the event of emergencies and provide assistance in dealing with general enquiries relating to the use of the site.
- To undertake work during school holidays as defined by the Site Services Manager.
- To keep paths, steps, walkways, etc., free of snow and ice, using and ordering salt and grit as necessary.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as requested.
We reserve the right to close the online vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Only CES application forms will be accepted. All sections of the CES application form and supplementary must be completed and should be submitted to email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Closing date Friday 16th July 2021 at 12 noon.
SSO Apprentice JDPS
Rehabilitation_of_Offenders_Act_1974_-_Disclosure_Form. Updated December 2020